Jan 2, 2009

Walk Me To My Grave

Its a poem this time... not my first one though. About someone who has not been fortunate to have anything going right in his life. Just painful memories of futile struggle till failure. Here it goes ---

Woke up to a life of hardships
Each turn a test of strength and wits

Struggles kept wearing me out
Ruthlessly watching as I painfully shout

Bereft from home
I was struggling alone

As job milestones felt like a feat
Each year seemingly impossible to meet

Personal life was also a mess
With troubles I wish I could take less

And even love shied away
Never to bring me the glorious day

They say its better to have loved and lost
Than not have loved at all

Nothing but an optimist's muse, I'd say
Have to live with the loss at the end of the day

Life reduced to an aimless wandering
A ship without sails and minutes from sinking

Searched for success here and there
Made friends with failure everywhere

Maybe life is as good as it gets
But for me, it's just full of regrets

Can't take it, I am not that brave
Its time to walk me to my grave

This fruitless life deserves to die
That truth I cannot belie

Be the support no one gave
Please walk me to my grave

1 comment:

kartik kulkarni said...

didnt knew u wer a poet!!!! :)
i liked the thought,that even though life's been hard on him, failures at every turn, no love, he still hopes that someone will be his support, durin his last moments, only sad thing, da walk wud be to his own grave......

sirjee.....acchi lagi poem...aur khayal bhi....lage raho