Jan 23, 2009

Each day is my second chance

I know I made you feel awkward, when I turned up at your doorsteps and made a clumsy proposal. That was the best I could do. I wasn't thinking the right from the wrong nor anything about the perfect from the disaster that day turned out to be. I kept calling you, begging you to come downstairs and meet me. But you didn't.

I had brought roses for you that day. Hoping they would say things better than I would and the card they carried, had a song written on it. Something which I would have wanted to sing to you, but mustered enough courage to barely write it down. You petrify me. One look and my heart is beating faster, perhaps even missing a few beats. I can feel the ecstasy in the air. All this and more and I wish there were a better way to explain myself.

The wait would have been worth it. But you did not turn up. Confused, afraid, fuming or even disgusted? I wouldn't have known. But I chose to give it some time and as days went by you could see the other side of me. Appreciate me for who I am and may have even forgiven my clumsy moments. 

Despite the fiasco, you are still here with me today. I really want to know. Would I have made an impression on you that day? Would my "charms", if I were to call them so, have worked on you? Don't answer that. I wouldn't know what to do if you said No. But you are still here. That should mean something. Its been a few months since and I want to make a confession today.

I realise that all I did for you that day was not a farce, not some cheap trick that I was trying to pull off. But winning you over was the most sane thing I could have thought in recent time. I thank you for not flicking me away from your life as some insignificant thing. And with that came some hope and I am in pursuit, willing to go far to see if my charms ever work on you because yours sure have had their effect on me. So until you say yes, each day is my second chance.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wow...
That sounded so true and rightly put, being so grace and charming in such kind of disaster done needs amazing talent ;)

Wish i had read this sometime back, i could have used those lines for for some 'foolish' charms, I tried in real! :P

kartik kulkarni said...

confronting blues!!!!!

well i dunno if the charms really work, or its jst the emotions....
n hw u convey them....
bt dude....the heart is pounding like some kick ass club sub woofer!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

...amazing!..the way u put it!

Wud there be any looking back if someone put it the way you do...No way!!! :)